FIRST UP: The 2017 Audiobook Challenge! So pumped to get in on this one, as I adore audiobooks but don’t utilize them nearly enough. Hopefully this will keep me reminded, between seeing other people’s posts and the handy-dandy little ticker over there. *points right*
Hosted by Kimberly at Caffeinated Book Reviewer and Loupe and Melaine at Hot Listens. I listened to a few audiobooks last year but not as many as I wanted, and definitely not as many as my Audible subscription warranted! Haha. Hopefully this year will see me listening to more. I’m aiming for the Weekend Warrior level, since most of what I listen to tend to be LOOOONG books. Like 15+ hours at a minimum. How many of you listen to audiobooks? How many do you go through a year? How do you incorporate them into your regular reading and life?
Challenge details from the hosts:
Audiobooks are great for those times you want to read but can’t for some reason like driving, doing chores, working out, or if you’re one of the lucky ones like me, listen to them at work. I hope to see old and new faces for The 2017 Audiobook Challenge. I cannot wait to see what you listen to and how often you listen.Thanks to the continued popularity of Audiobooks just about everything is being published on audio…YAY!
We will hold two updates with giveaways. The first update will be June 30th, 2017 and the final update will be Dec 15, 2017. There has never been a better time for reading with our ears. So grab your earbuds and join in the fun!
- Challenge begins January 1, 2017 and ends on December 31, 2017. You can join at anytime.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2016 than you did in 2016.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
Are you planning to participate in the 2017 Audiobook Challenge? If so link your sign-up post below! Are you making a TBR list for it? I find that what audiobooks I listen to are REALLY related to what mood I’m in, so I’m just winging it for now.