Hey everyone! Back with another Sunday Post update, via Kimberly at Caffeinated Book Reviewer. I’m patterning mine off of Kimberly’s, at least for now.
State of the Blog
It’s over halfway through January, folks! I thought it was time that I get my plans straightened out and talk about them here on the Bent Bookworm. I’m going to be making some changes to my reading this year, which will result in a few changes on the blog but probably nothing you as a reader will notice too much.
- First of all, I’m not participating in any themed challenges. I have a GoodReads goal of 75 books. That’s it. It stressed me out way too much, and felt like an obligation (albeit a fun one), and with my college classes and the MCAT looming in my near future, I don’t need my fun-time reading stressing me out.
- Second, I completely changed up the blog’s look. What do you think? I know it’s not specifically bookish looking (that was kind of an accident…long story), but I like the green and white and overall peaceful look. Let me know what you think!
- Third, I am not going to be actively seeking out book tours this year. See above with the obligations and stress levels. I love book tours and hope to participate again at some point, but right now is not the time.
- Fourth, I will not be trying hard to get ARCs from Netgalley. I do want to read through my current (very behind) ones, of which there are 18, and I may request some that catch my eye later in the year. However, I’m going to focus on reading what I want to read without imposing deadlines on myself (again, see above)
So What Can You Expect?
- I do plan to continue to keep up with new releases, and probably pre-order PLENTY of them. It’s my weakness. I want to read more of the books I pre-order, and then review them. So, I will be starting to participate in the Can’t Wait Wednesday meme again.
- I want to have more book talk on here. I’m sort of semi-considering starting a booktube? Though where the hell I think I will find time for that I have NO IDEA. But at least some bookish discussion posts, which is something I’ve wanted to do for a long time. I have a list of topics about a mile long, I’ve just never started writing the posts for them.
- More content about writing. I won NaNoWriMo this year (yes, I will continue to mention this), but I haven’t actually finished that book yet, and I want to finish it. I would love to have some author interviews but we shall see.
Outside of Books
- The MCAT is coming. The stress is here. I am trying to function and not freak out, and I still have several weeks before I take the test.
- Mental health stuff. Mostly anxiety. Some other stuff. It sucks and makes functioning even harder than just the stress.
- As I’ve mentioned before, I love making beautiful things. Usually of the yarn/thread/fabric variety. I *did* start a YouTube channel for that, and if you’re also interested in MAKING ALL THE THING, please stop by, subscribe/like/comment/all that jazz. See below!
That’s All, Folks!
I hope you’ll stick around with me through the rollercoaster ride that is sure to be the next year (or five). Let me know how you incorporate your reading into ever-increasingly busy lives (I know for a fact I’m not the only one), and how life changes effect your reading and writing.
If you really enjoyed reading and would like to show your support for future content and help keep the blog running (my goal is to make the blog self-supporting), consider using the affiliate links on this page to buy your next book, or donate to the blog using one of the links below!